foam cuter

hi at the moment i am working on a 3D printed Foam cuter
my design criteria
1 keep the price as low as possible
2 it must cut wings panels of 1300 mm and fuz section off 50 mm to 100 mm x 450 mm x 450 mm
3 run from a USB Arduino ramps 1.4 with open source software
4 all the farm parts to be 3D printed with X Y A B axis my be a 5 axis for rotary cutting

so i cam up with this design i have base it on a 16 mm steel tube box farm with belt drive X A axis and screw drive Y B axis this means that the size of the axis can be as long as you need as this only means longer tubes and belts and not extensive liner bars or rails that seam to be very high priced when they are over 600 mm long.
I have used box design so the two towers are joined at the top and bottom with tubs the towers can be moved from 200 mm to 1500 mm apart and the X and y axis are 1 m x 1 m cutting travel witch will give me the size that i need for fuz sections and delta wings with cutting angels of up to 48 degree.
it will be driven from USB Arduino ramps 1.4 using Nema 17 stepper motor with 4000 g.cm (56 oz-in) 1.7 A 40 mm and Solid V slot Wheel and parts from 3d printers
i am not using a heated bow for the cutting wire as it tends to get in the way and cache on the farm and towers so i have come up with a tension system that will give a .5 kg to 2 kg tension on the wire with lintel or now friction giving a smooth cut.
and i am not that good at the software side of things so will be asking and need a lot of help with that so if you have suggestions on improving this design i would be grateful for your input.
love to design
Fichiers joints

Re: foam cuter

d’abord je suis anglais et mon français n’est pas bon désolé je vis à 03120 j’utilise un routeur cnc imprimante 3D vide ancien coupe-mousse J'utilise solidworks autocad rhino la plupart du logiciel devcad.
je suis heureux d'aider avec n'importe quel design cad
Mon coupeur de mousse est imprimé en 3D et utilise un mega 2560 ramps 1.4 La version Jedicut-Alden Luxe devient Jedicut-Alden Super Luxe.
J'ai finish la construction et commence maintenant à le faire fonctionner donc mon besoin d'aide avec ça merci
love to design

Bonsoir dpot,
Bravo pour ta machine, c'est très innovant.
La notice de la version Jedicut-Alden Super Luxe est pratiquement terminée, j'ai quelques photos à ajouter et le sketch tourne impeccable avec le homing.
A+
Alain

Good evening,
Bravo for your machine, it's very innovative.
The manual of the version Jedicut-Alden Super Luxury is almost complete, I have some photos to add and the sketch turns impeccable with the homing.
A +
Alain

well i have loaded the fremerware 3.0.0 up to my ramps 1.4 and renamed it to 3.0.A.
setup jadicut as pdf images and not a thing on the motors.
when it is switch on it goes through the setup and i get x1/y1/x2/y2 all showing x1/1 y1/1 x2/1 y2/1 if the endstops are at the home position if i set x1 so endstop is (open not made ) then i get x1/0 y1/1 x2/1 y2/1 and i can do this with all of them so i think the end stops are working ok.
just no stepper motors//// but if i load the firmware ramps 1.4 test the steppers X1 X2 lock up solid and holed very well .
but Y1 and Y2 there is no steppers can move them this is the same if i start with the endstops open or close.
and jadicut just is not communication with the ramps board.
have check out the wires for the Y axis and they all seem to be right will do a video for the RCGroups.com and will try the y axis on the x axis to see if y locks up and holds.
Thanks for any help this is my home language and my francais is not that good //have translated below sorry for any misunderstandings

Eh bien j’ai ai chargé le firmware 3.0.0 jusqu'à mes rampes 1.4 et il renommée pour le programme d’installation jadicut 3.0.A. pdf images et pas une chose sur les moteurs. quand il est allumer, il passe par l’installation et j’ai x1/y1/x2/y2 tous montrant x1/1 y1/1 x 2/1 y2/1 si les butées sont postées sur la maison si j’ai mis x1 fin donc stop est (ouvrez pas fait), puis j’obtiens x1/0 y1/1 x2 / 1 y2/1 et moi pouvons le faire avec chacun d’eux donc je pense que les butées travaillent OK. ne moteurs de tout simplement aucun pas à pas / / / mais si j’ai charger le firmware rampes 1.4 test les steppers X1 X2 enfermer solide et troués très bien. mais Y1 et Y2 il n’y a aucun Steps ne peuvent se déplacer eux c’est la même si je commence avec la fin arrêts open ou close. et jadicut est tout simplement pas de communication avec le jury de rampes. Faites vérifier les fils pour l’axe des Y et ils ont tous semblent être droit va faire une vidéo pour l’econologie.com et essaiera de l’axe des y sur l’axe des x pour voir si y enferme et détient
love to design

Bonjour dpot,

Pour des problèmes techniques, les traductions automatiques ne sont pas très bien.
D'après ce que j'ai compris, je mets des images ce sera plus clair.

For technical problems, automatic translations are not very good.
From what I understood, I put pictures that will be clearer.

Vérifier configuration de Jedicut ; Checked Jedicut configuration

Vérifier la liaison USB ; électronique sous tension et câble USB branché sur PC et électronique.
Check the USB connection; live electronics and USB cable connected to PC and electronics.

Adapter le fichier comport.ini pour le port Com.
Attention, certaines modifications de la configuration de Jedicut nécessitent de Fermer Jedicut et de l'ouvrir de nouveau.
Adapt the comport.ini file for the Com port.
Be careful, some changes to the Jedicut configuration require Close Jedicut and open it again.
A+
Alain

sorry got it to work and heating up wire and got smook have burnt out mega 2560 and ramps 1.4 2 2588 driver boards and now thinking about using the mega 2560 and the ramps 1.6 with 270W so have a lot of reading to do thank for help
love to design

Bonjour dpot,
La ramps 1.6 est compatible avec Jedicut Alden Luxe ou Super Luxe. Elle bénéficie de meilleurs MosFet et de radiateur pour le refroidissement de la partie chauffe du fil.
Il semble aussi que le circuit imprimé est de meilleure qualité.

Hello dpot,
The Ramps 1.6 is compatible with Jedicut Alden Luxe or Super Luxe. It benefits from better MosFet and radiator for the cooling of the heating part of the wire.
It also seems that the circuit board is of better quality.

On la trouve ici: https://amzn.to/2As14Vu

Bon courage
Alain
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);