Re: Hobby cnc pro 4 axis

Hi !

with your configuration, and without external timer, your motors won't turn, it's amazing. Are you sure that you don't have external timer ??

First, uncheck "Synchronize with external timer" and uncheck all heat control option in Jedicut configuration form. In second, set speed value like 1000000. Your motors will turn, right ?

You say that your motors runs too slowly. But with 0.0078 in coefficient, it's normal. Are your sure that it's correct ? To do a 10mm distance, Jedicut have to send 10/0.0078=1282 steps !!! I think this value is incorrect... Can you confirm this ?
Jerome

Jerome,
I set the speeds to 1000000 with .0078 and my running time for 50 mm is 33 sec. I have gone higher and lower changing the 0's and it is still around the same time. With .0078 it gives me the right dimensions on movement but the speed will not change.
I think now that maybe I should erase the program completely and start over. Is there any files that stay after unloading that could cause me any problems when trying to re install.
Thanks, John

Hi,

Erase the program won't solve the problem because Jedicut use only Jedicut.ini file. If you want to uninstall Jedicut, delete its folder and it's done.

Do you try 10000 speed value ? And 100000 ? You have to see your motors run slower don't you ?
Are you sure that Hobby CNC PRO 4 axis need signal like MM2001 ? Do you try to select MaxCom.dll in Jedicut ?

If you set up a speed value like "10", you should see your motor lose step...
Jerome

Jerome,
Manual moves everything is smooth. Not fast but smooth movement. When I go to cut it skips and misses a lot of steps no matter what settings I use.
I ordered the external timer from Dave (Hobbycnc) so will try that when I get it. I loaded Foamworks and it runs with okay with that program. I am a little frustrated at the moment.
John

Yes, exactly the same problem. Not sure it's the identical board but....

HobbyCNC 4AUPC Rev 2 board (no onboard timer or heat control).
84 in-oz steppers
3/8-16 all-thread drive

Solution:
The speed is a large number but a narrow range.
mm/step = 0.00397 (for correct movement in mm)
Speed = 1,700,000 (slow) 1,200,000 (fast)
These values will move the towers at ~ 3.5mm/sec and 5mm/sec respectively. Adjust as needed.
Outside of this range, the steppers will respond very slowly and do not appear to change speed as the speed settings are changed. I presume the motors are skipping many steps.
When 'Smooth' is used, the speed is cut in half.

The ValueCNC_XP file does NOT give satisfactory results with this configuration. However, the MaxCon_XP file appears to work fine. Won't run at all if the 'External Timer' box is checked. Pin setup is as per the instructions with Dave Rigotti's assembly instructions.

Hope that helps a little.

- Dave R
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);