Re: Steppers are skipping steps

Hello Jerome,
I got the new optokopplers, but they don´t change the skipping. I will lend me an oszilloskope to check the signal from the parallel port of my laptop and Desktop PC.
Did you receive my email with the drawing of the recommended signals (impulse width ...) and do have any idea according to the drivers?
Best regards
Frank

Hi Jerome,
thank you for your nice software jedicut.
It have all goodness for producing comfortable foam models.
Since 2 weeks I have tested it with my foamcutter projekt. And now I have some questions.
My system is WIN XP home 1,7Ghz 512Mb ram and the 4 stepper motors are on driver boards (2x2channel) from the

same Customer "GWR" like Frank`s boards.
I have stopped the antiviral scanner and the W-Lan on my notebook and now your software working.
The Steppers working only with the XP_dll`s (thats normal :-)) but only not with the maxcom_Xp.dll(there it must be

programm a different way to drive the steppers)
By the other Visualcnc and CNCnet.dll i have for fast movement 100000 and for low 10000000 the steps / mm is

0.0075 (200 steps/turn and M10 =1,5mm).
So the steppers drive the right way (exactly) but only, (so I mean) very slow if I reduce under 100000 like 50000 the

motors lose steps or don`t move.
As an example 700mm movement is going in 15min (by fast motion) I think it`s right to cut but not for fast drive
The foamworks trial version move very faster, but your software is funktionally better I think so.
Can you give me an answer please what the problem is?
Is it better to have an external timer?

Thank you for your work

glad to hear from you

Torsten

Hello,

If you find a good speed setting in order to cut, it's enough ;)

If you find a speed setting where motor lose steps, I'm sorry. I don't know how I can do. Maybe the board is not full CnCNet compatible. What kind of board do you use ?

It's better to use an external timer but it's not necessary ;)
Jerome
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);