Re: Jedicut and Arduino over USB

[quote=Vincent]
-First it send the direction bits
-delay
-Second it send the rotation bits and hold the directions bits
delay
-And so it send the rotation bits to '0' and hold the directions bits.
delay
[/quote]

My BASCOM version of Martin"s code operates according to this method without delays.

[quote=Jerome]
people have to do a specific cable[/quote]
[quote=Martin]
the flexibility is already given by the wiring which needs to be done anyway[/quote]
ZbigPL

Hello,
Total fail :(
The Jedicut's progress bar when cutting is very fast, too fast. I respected the fixed Jedicut configuration, and wire Arduino's outs to the matches pins of my mm2001. But with the last firmware, nothing move...

The on/off motor function doesn't work, too...

I'va added a delay in arduino's code like the first time, but it change nothing...

What's happened 8-)8-)8-) ?

I think my mm2001 need a very special firmware for the arduino...

Hallo Vincent,

your symptoms may be an indication that jedicut outputs the data on the wrong serial port. Please check that you use the correct serial port and baudrate (in comport.ini). Are you really using the last version of the arduino code?
And please check again the correct wiring. With the assignment you wrote in one of your posts the wiring should be as follows:

[pre]
Function Arduino-Port MM2001
X1 Step D2 3
X2 Step D3 9
Y1 Step D4 5
Y2 Step D5 7
X1 Dir D6 8
X2 Dir D7 2
Y1 Dir D8 6
Y2 Dir D9 4
ON/OFF D12 17
[/pre]

And of course please check again the setting in jedicut. It must match:
ParPortAssignment.jpg ParPortAssignment.jpg Vu 4348 fois 17.35 Kio
Martin

[quote=Martin]
Are you really using the last version of the arduino code?
Martin[/quote]
I did not notice a new version of the fcifmdlcnc.ino file and unnecessarily written posts.
I have a proposal to put in the code number and date of release.
Eg
/ * Copyright 2012 Martin
  R89 2012-11-26
Advertise to the new versions of this forum.
ZbigPL

Hi,
Martin, the fixed Jedicut's configuration is OK.
But I've found the issue...the pins assignment of my mm2001 doesn't match with the configuration you indicated, and with the schema...I don't know why...

So I've tested each pin out with LED, to be sure, and re wire and now the manual motors controls works in the 2 directions :)o
Here's my news wires :

[pre]
Function Arduino-Port MM2001
X1 Step D2 5
X2 Step D3 9
Y1 Step D4 3
Y2 Step D5 7
X1 Dir D6 4
X2 Dir D7 8
Y1 Dir D8 2
Y2 Dir D9 6

ON/OFF D12 17
[/pre]

Well now I'll can test the heat functions (:D

Congratulation Vincent,

sorry of the wrong description, but I had only the mm2001 description available from internet.
The heating function need to be discussed. At the moment the plug-in sends a 'H' command and a following byte with the heating value set by jedicut (0-100%). This only works when the box "Synchronize engine with external timer" is checked, if it's not checked the heating value jedicut sends to the plug-in is every time 0. Maybe Jerome can explain this issue. I don't know the function of the different configurable "heating pins". Maybe the arduino needs to support them. At the moment the arduino code uses D2 to turn heating on/off (to operate a relay) and pin D3 where a PWM signal proportional to the heating value (the byte after 'H') will be generated.

I'm with you that the basic functions work now:)o

Martin
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);