Re: Jedicut and Arduino over USB

[quote=patrick_83]
Hello, excuse my English (google translator). I have a Nano V3.0 ATmega328P and hobbycnc 4aupcwhc. I want to connect the heater. what connections between the pins of hobbycnc (11 = Heat Feedback, 12 = Auto / Man Heat Control, 16 = Heat) and the pins for Arduino (D2: Heating On / off, D3: heating PWM). thank you[/quote]

Is anyone can help patrick ? I don't know if wire heating works...
Jerome

Hi Patrick, Hi Jerome

sorry for the late answer. Within the last months there was not much activity in this thread, so I rarely looked into it.
Now lets try to find an answer to the heating topic. As I told Nigel in may, wireheating is in principle implemented, but never tested nor used.
For the time being there is no feedback included only the two pins D2 and D3 which will, as you wrote, output heating On/Off and a PWM signal representing the wire heat value (0-100% gives 0 to 100% PWM).
With the high/low value of D2 a transistor can be driven to operate a relay for turning the heat voltage completely on and off. With the PWM of D3 a e.g. Mosfet can be driven to control the temperature of the wire.
I don't know the schematic of the hobbycnc 4aupcwhc board and the functions of each pin. If you can provide this information I can try to discover how to interface it correctly to the arduino.

Martin

hello martin,
I dont'n have the schematic of the hobbycnc board, but it works with the printer output and the signals "heating control", "heating return" and " heating statut" of Jedicut . Is that the signal on the pin D3 is the same as the signal on the "heating control pin" of the printout? Similarly,is the signal d2 is the same as the signal on " heating status pin " of the printout?
thanks
patrick

Hi Patrick,

I am not sure if the signals fits as you described. Both D2 and D3 are outputs, where "heating return" and "heating status" are inputs. @Jerome: Please correct me if I am wrong.
You may try to connect D3 to the "heating control", but I don't know if it will work.
May be Jerome can explain us how the different heating I/O's are used and which values they should have.

Martin

Hi All,

I have good news. Jedicut with the USB/Arduino solution runs (nearly) perfect under Linux with the windows emulation Wine!
I have an old notebook (intel P4 with 1.7GHz, 768MB RAM) which I wanted to be the dedicated computer for Hot-Wire cutting. It had Windows XP, but I wanted to leave the microsoft world and so I installed xubuntu 13.04, which should be faster than XP on this old machine.

This are the steps to get a running Jedicut under linux:
  • Installation of Wine with the help of ubuntu software-center
  • Downloading and installation of Jedicut (it automatically uses wine for the Installation)
  • Downloading of the USBSerial.dll (from repository, see messages above) and moving it in the Dll directory of Jedicut
  • Create a link in ~/.wine/dosdevices (sudo ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 com1)
  • Create the comport.ini in the Jedicut directory with the following lines:
    [COMPORT]
    PORTNUMBER = 1 ; COM1
    BAUDRATE = 115200 ; <-- Shall be the same value as used in the arduino code
  • Starting Jedicut and enter all the settings necessary for the USB/Arduino solution as described in the messages above
Bingo! It works!

The only problem seems to be, that Jedicut does not apply the settings on start-up automatically.
After start-up of Jedicut you need to go to the options and press ok, which then activates the settings and all is ok.

@Jerome: If you find time you may try it out. And maybe you find a solution for this behaviour.

Martin

[quote=Martin]
Hi Patrick,

I am not sure if the signals fits as you described. Both D2 and D3 are outputs, where "heating return" and "heating status" are inputs. @Jerome: Please correct me if I am wrong.
You may try to connect D3 to the "heating control", but I don't know if it will work.
May be Jerome can explain us how the different heating I/O's are used and which values they should have.

Martin[/quote]

Hello,

The MM2001 CNC board use 3 signals for heating control :
- "heating return" : Jedicut can read heating value the CNC board send to wire.
- "heating status" : Jedicut can read if the MM2001 heating switch is on manual or "PC control" mode.
- "heating control" : Jedicut send the value you set up in Jedicut to this pin, in order to control your CNC board.

For heating return or heating control : Jedicut read or send a rectangular signal. When Jedicut read the heating signal, Jedicut calculate time when signal is up and time when signal is down, and divide the two values to calculate heating value.

Arduino works like this ?
Jerome

[quote=Martin]
Bingo! It works!
[/quote]

Congratulation :)-D

[quote=Martin]
The only problem seems to be, that Jedicut does not apply the settings on start-up automatically.
After start-up of Jedicut you need to go to the options and press ok, which then activates the settings and all is ok.

@Jerome: If you find time you may try it out. And maybe you find a solution for this behaviour.
[/quote]

Settings works perfectly on Windows, right ? Can you control Jedicut.ini file rights ?

If it works on Windows, I don't know what to do 8-)
Jerome

Hello Jerome,

regarding the heating it should work to connect the arduino D3 to the "heating control" input of the MM2001 board. At the moment no input for feedback is foreseen.

Concerning the linux/wine problem I thought you can test it with a linux system, because this problem exists only there. But this was only a minor remark, which will not be a big problem when known.

Martin
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);