Re: Jedicut and Arduino over USB

Hi Jerome,

this are good news. I did not try to use the parallel port, but maybe this works too. In general it will be good having jedicut running on linux, this will increase the jedicut community. If you are succesful with your tests you should add this fact to the aeropassion news. I am sure this will bring a lot more people to your forum and we can exchange our experiences.

Martin

Jedicut and Arduino over USB

Hi guys,
I never wrote to the forum, but today I must.
Jerome and Martin: big Gratitude for your work! Finally my chinese (TB6560-based) board came alive, and the motors spinning like a dream:) I didn't have any arduino, so I refined a little Martin's code (to be able to load it up without arduino), so it works great with a simple atmega328 and a max232 serial-TTL converter IC commanded by Jedicut under Win7/64bit!!! I'm extremly happy! It took a week...but I don't mind.
Thanks again!

Re: Jedicut and Arduino over USB

Quick question on the need for the need for a board like the Mm20001.

Are there any specific timing or interface functions the Mm2001 is providing or could I build on a basic Arduino shield with pminmo connectors to attach driver boards. And some add on connectors for opto isolated heat board, limit switches, enable and whatnot.

Jedicut and Arduino over USB

Hi Martin,

Shall I suggest a little improvement in your arduino code?
I inserted the following declarations in the setup():

pinMode(A0, INPUT); // PC0, X1 limit switch
pinMode(A1, INPUT); // PC1, X2 limit switch
pinMode(A2, INPUT); // PC2, Y1 limit switch
pinMode(A3, INPUT); // PC3, X2 limit switch

and an additional line into the sendMotorCmd(byte cmd):

PORTB = (PORTB & 0xF0) | (cmd & 0x0f) & (PINC & 0x0f); // and step and check the state of the limit switches

I've fabricated two opto gates to the end of every axis (TCST1103) and connected them (with a diode and trough a hex inverter) together to the digital inputs. In this way, when the opto gate goes HIGH (the inverter switches it to LOW) the actual STEP command will be overwritten and the motor stops (until the opto gate goes LOW again).

What is your opinion? Should it be a right solution? So far, it works for me...

I'm not too good programmer, and I wish it would be a better way to leave the inverter from the circuit.
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);