My Jedicut will no longer work.......please help!

Hi All,
As I posted before, I could not change the speed of any motor movement on my home made cutter, but now all of my old files will no longer cut. I managed to cut some nice aeroplane parts with the single speed but then I exported some G-code and now when I go back to the default setting and the CnCNet_XP-Vista_7.dll settings it will not cut any of my files properly.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing the program a few times but it somehow keeps the same settings and they come back again each time. If I cut a simple straight line with X1 and X2 axis for example, and then step it down say 10 mm on both of the Y axes and try to go back on the x axes in the opposite direction again and make like a zig-zag cut to slice sheets of foam, then it cuts along the x axis, steps down the right amount on the y axes but then carries on in the same direction as it was going instead of going in reverse. I tried a standard symmetrical airfoil with both ends symmetrical and it starts out cutting ok but then when it gets to the high point it starts cutting further down instead of following the lower curve of the airfoil upwards.

I gather that the program stores some default settings somewhere that are not deleted on uninstall?? Just btw, I do have Mach 3 on this pc as well and it is working normally, so I guess that my hardware is all o.k. Please help! Thanks very much.

Keith R

Re: My Jedicut will no longer work.......please help!

Hello,

Do you used an old Jedicut release, and now you install the new one and you show this problem ?

If you installed Jedicut 2.4, go to C:\ProgramData\Jedicut (it's an hidden directory). Do you have this directory ? If yes, rename it like "jedicut.old".

Launch Jedicut.exe, open settings windows and change one value. Exit Jedicut and re launch it, your settings should be ok.

Thanks for you feedback ;)
Jerome

Thanks Jerome,

This was before I tried the new 2.4 version. I see now what happened. I changed the setting to G code.dll to try a file on Mach 3 because I still cannot control the speed for cutting. When I went back to cut on jedicut then I thought that I was using the CncNet_XP_Vista_7.dll file for communication but it was actually the CncNet_XP.dll file which has disappeared......somewhere! So this afternoon I tried the MDLCNC_XP file and it cut the same as before.

I see that you new installer no longer has the CncNet_XP.dll file in it, but I still have the old file on my laptop and I will try this tomorrow again. I would still like to find out why I cannot change speed. The program runs at basically a fast speed to enter the cut and then a slow speed when it cuts, so the speed is changing, but no setting changes from the screen will change the speed at all.

In manual mode, if I click on the "smooth" button then it runs much slower, but the fast and slow buttons do not change the speed at all. Question: Does the "Frequency timer" setting change anything if I do not use the external timer? I have tried to change this and the settings for the Engine speed do change but the motors still run at their fixed speed.

Besides this problem I have made successful projects for control line training models. I can't see how to insert some pictures for you to see this model. Thanks you again for this program!

Keith R

Hi Jerome,

My machine is running the same as before so i can use it again. There is no way to change the speed. It runs at about 0.833 mm/second on manual control and the slow and fast buttons have no effect. For cutting it runs slower and if I change both speeds in the CNC Controller window to zero or any number then it still makes no difference at all. I would love to know why and what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Hi Jerome, I can only find one Jedicut.ini file and it is in the Program files/Jedicut section. You can see this in the pic "jedicut program files screen". I have also added pics of my communications and controller screens for you to see.

I cut my model airplane parts using Inkscape to draw them and I export to a dxf file in the way that you explained. This works well and I am able to cut my parts using the fixed speeds from the program. My stepper controller boards are set to 32 microsteps to get the motors to the best speed for me to use. Maybe you can see what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
Fichiers joints

Hello,

You should find 2 files :
- Jedicut.ini
- Jedicut_default.ini

Can you attach these files on a reply in this discussion ?

You told me about an error message about dynamic heating control in another discussion :
- Can you describe what are you doing when this message appears ?
- Can you set speed values to 1 dans tell me if you still have this error message ?

Don't let speed values to 0. Use the value 1. I will check this in another version of Jedicut.

Do you try to invert clock pin and direction pin on 1 motor, just to do a test ?
Jerome
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);