Re: Next version of JediCut?

Hi Jerome,

Just worked out a problem that has been causing me an issue for a while. When using the Cut Wizard, I found that I need to enter a negative number for the "X1 Decalage". If I put it a positive number it makes one side of the cut a different size than the other.

Cheers,
Luke
Jerome

Actually there still seems to be a problem with the Cut Wizard Decalage values ...

By making one side a negative number it does resolve the issue of the ends being a different chord size, but ...

- if you make the X1 a negative number and X2 a positive number then the chord at both ends is smaller than it should be

- if you make the X2 a negative number and X1 a positive number then the Chord at both ends is bigger than it should be.

To test this ... put large values in and see the results. I was trying to make multi panel wings. Till now I couldn't work out why the panels didn't line up.

Have you notice this with the Cut Wizard?

Cheers,
Luke
Jerome

Hi !

I don't understand what do you want to do with the cut wizard. I program it to cut wing with different chord. If you want to cut wing with same chord, you don't need this wizard.

You shouldn't be able to enter negative value. I will correct this in the new Jedicut version.

I don't have many time to work on the new Jedicut version but I still work on it in order to add many new functionalities ;)
Jerome

Hi Jerome,

I had looked at using the cycle of cut manager, but as I a cutting tapered wings I cannot cut the left and right part in one cut. I have been using CAD to modify the DXF file to include both wing profiles in the single profile. It has been working great except for a few small issues that I have been having with the Cut Wizard.

Slowly I am making progress. I found that if I make both DAT files the same X length and set the chord values as this length, my result is better. When you get a change to see my DAT files you will get a better idea of my work.

I have also been using this same principle to cut out complex fuselage sections. This way, in a single cut I can cutout the battery hole and external fuselage shape in a single cut.

Cheers,
Luke
Jerome
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);