Re: Jedicut and Arduino over USB

Hello again Martin.
Hopefully You now have a copy of the code.
All this Arduino stuff is new to Me and the learning curve has been steep.
I'm not a programmer either so apologies if my C++ looks a bit "BASIC".

I have a few questions :-

I need to ask why the .dll cannot set the pin configuration in Jedicut. This confused Me as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Also this one maybe for Jerome.
I have found that the Heating percentage values entered in Jedicut relate directly to the PWM signal e.g. 0%=OFF, 127%=halfway and 255%=Fully ON.

My next task might be to update the English Translation for Jedicut. I did this on an earlier version but my working copy is on an old PC.

So much to do, so little time.

Rick.

Hi Rick,

thank you for the code, I will compare it with mine and use the best of both ;-)
Concerning the pin configuration I explained the reason why we do not really need it earlier in this thread (pin configuration).
The heating values sent to the arduino are in the range 0% to 100%. The arduino code needs to scale the range up
to 0-255 for the pwm (has yet to be made).
The win98se compatibility is a problem. I used visual studio 2010 and since version 2008 Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, and Windows NT platforms are no longer supported. If this is a must for you, we can try to compile the dll with other compilers (e.g. mingw,gcc or older ms compilers) to generate a win98 compatible dll.

Martin

Thanks for photos Rick ! I can't build my own Arduino, I don't have time for this. In fact, I'm searching time to post new article on this website, to work on Jedicut, to work on a new debug tools for programers like Martin with its Jedicut's plugin, to work in my house, to work on a domotic project, to work on a new exam I'm preparing, to work, to work... and I need time to learn to fly a RC helicopter...

So many things to do :S
Jerome

Martin.
I managed to compile a .dll for windows 98se. After much confusion, i ended up using MS Visual C++ 6.0.
The above software certainly has a lot less compile options that the current visual studio versions.
The resultant dll works on 98se and XP.
The compiler will also run on XP but apparently the debugger has some issues.

Anyway, a new Computer should be coming along soon, so the one running 98se will probably get trashed.

PS
I've just received an Arduino Leonardo clone from Hong Kong. This seems to work with the USBSerial code, but i have not tested it fully..
The Leonardo has a virtual serial port which is part of the microcontroller. I think it also has another serial port which could be used for debugging purposes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360552830045? ... 1497.l2649

Regards, Rick.

Hi All,

today I received the arduino nano from china. I prepared a little circuit board to plug in the nano.
IMG_20130211_144704k.jpg IMG_20130211_144704k.jpg Vu 4351 fois 152.8 Kio
It looks clean and tidy now:)
IMG_20130211_144704k.jpg IMG_20130211_144704k.jpg Vu 4351 fois 152.8 Kio
I used the same source code as for the arduino uno, with only one change. The baudrate must be reduced to 57600. I don't know why but it works.

Martin
Fichiers joints
usbnanok.jpg usbnanok.jpg Vu 4351 fois 48.66 Kio
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);