Re: How to get profiles,.dat file extentions to cut

Thank you for the reply...but no you did not.
I am sure I am just missing something, but with any other file extension besides .jdc, CUT and CUT PREVIEW are grayed out as well as CYCLE OF CUT MANAGER.
The files I am talking about are the ones included with the program under the profile file.
This is the same way when I do a NEW PROFILE......
What an I missing?????
Thank you for the help.....

Hello,

To work with Jedicut, you'll have to use profile. To cut a wing click on File > New > Wing Cut. After that, you need two profiles. click on buttons allowing you to open profile, and it's done ! You can cut your wing ! If you check "Symetrical cut" on the "Wing Cut" windows, you need only one profile.

You can download profile on the web, but if you know coordinates, you can create a new profile by clicking on File > New > Profile. Afer saving your profile, open it in a new "Wing Cut" window.

Yes I have a new Jedicut version but it's not ready to be set online. There are some bug correction, and a new interface to configure your parallel port. I have many other ideas !! But I need time...
Jerome

O.K I'm with you so far...
Now more questions, LOL..
1: In the profile area,what is the ABOVE and BELOW for???

2:In the nprofile area,the X and Y area, are they to move the Aixis in millimeters??
What I am trying to do is make a simple routine to cut, say a 51mm(about 2 in.)thick block into 6mm sheets.
what I want it to do is go up 6.5 mm up (y) and 600 mm long(x),
up 6.5 mm(y), -600mm(x)
up 6.5 mm y, 600mm x
up 6.5 mm y, -600mm and so on to cut the block then go back to y 0,x 0.
how would this look in profile?? Everthing I have tried , looked funny(not what I wanted)
Thank you for you help.
I'll learn this yet.

Hi,

1 : In french we say "Extrado" and "Intrado". Try to enter profile coordinates, you will understand how Jedicut work. In "cycle of cut" configuration, Jedicut distinguish the two parts of the profile.

2 : When you enter coordinates, you can use the unit of your choice. It's not important.
You want to do a non usual cut :p To do that, create a profile with all that points coordinate in millimeters (to know all points, begin drawing your profile on a paper). After that create a new cut file with Jedicut, check "symetrical" option, open your profile, and in that case, you need to configure root size equal to 600mm.
Jerome

Thank you for the response.
Without Google language translater I'd be helpless here.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
Example of profile would be..
X 0,Y 0 (my starting point)
X 0, Y 6.5(to go up 6.5 mm)
X 1, Y 6.5(move 1 mm across, maintaining 6.5 mm up)
X 2, Y 6.5
X 3, Y 6.5 and so on and so on to go, and stay 6.5 mm up (y)and 600 mm across (x).
If I am not right please correct as I am trying to understand.
Speaking of which google and other would not translate " Extrado " and " Intrado", what exactly do they mean???
You wrote:
"2 : When you enter coordinates, you can use the uni of your choice."
Whats " UNI"
Thank you so much for the help.
At this rate I'm going to write a english help file :).
From half way across planet Earth...RC of the North...
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);