Heat Control Interface

Hi Jerome, I'm developing my own controller card and I would like know how is the heat control interface and protocol.

I saw a Control Pin (16), Return Pin (N/A) and Status Pin(12)... how is the protocol you use to send Heat Value? an PWM pulse? a serialized bit stream?

And for return Heat? what you return the measure of temperature? a ready pulse?

And at last, control Pin is a main on/off heat or how is it...

Like you could see, I need a low level description because I don't found information about (or don't see it).

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Heat Control Interface

Hi !

Yes, it's a PWM signal.

Status Pin = 0 or 1. This signal indicates if the heating value is set by PC or by user (on other board, user can modify heating value manually).
Control Pin : A PWM signal sent by the PC.
Return value : The PC can't send a regular signal because Windows is a time share OS. So the board analyze the signal, and return a clean signal send to the PC. I don't know if you understand my poor english...

Do you have any website to present your work ? A new board is always very interesting ;)
Jerome

Re: Heat Control Interface

Many thanks Jerome, it's perfect!

But I don't understand well the "clean criteria". The variability of PWM pulse generate from windows is logical (just start the antivir and the computer could appear been frozen)... what algorithm use to feedback? the average of last N pulses?

My website is www.tallerdedalo.es, yet is not uploaded the foam cutter and the board but will be next ;)
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);