Re: Alignment of fuselage

Hi ronys, good morning.

I'm attaching the jdc file that I'm using here. is just a square in one axis and a circle at the other. The idea is to cut a square at the front blended to a circle at the end. This is going to be part of my DLG fuse. Just give a look at the Cut Preview and see what this simple geometric figures are transformed in to. I don't know what is going on. I'm also sending the .dat files so you can see the original files.
Best regards an thanks for the help.
Alfredo

Files deleted :
sket2.DAT
sket3.DAT
fuse1..jdc

Well... You have hit the jackpot in reference to the downfall of Jedicut. I think this is something that must be dealt with in the next release.

Meanwhile, I have been able to make a workaround for this cut (Please see the attached fuse.jdc). The workaround steps are:

1. Update the square DAT file and add another intermediate point at height 0.5. This will not change the square shape but will allow you to start cutting in the middle of the square line (see attached rect.png).
2. change the order of the DAT (the last line should be the first ETC..). This will make both shapes (round and square) turn to the same side (clockwise)
3. Put both points 1 and 2 on the same place the select "invert" on the external cut.

Thats it..

I hope that in the future Jerome will add the ability to do this from inside Jedicut.

Regards,
Rony

Files deleted :
fuse.jdc
rect.png
circle.png

Hi ronys, thnks for your fast answer but some doubts still remaining.
When you say add another point (0,5 height) the other dimension (length) should have what value?

My doubt is because since I have a rectangule what face should I pick? any of four? the rightmost one?
What is the meanining of points 1 and 2?
regards
Alfredo from Brasil
BTW where are you from?

Hello Alfredo from Brasil. I am Rony from Israel.(:D

I added another point on one of the lines of the square (you have a line going from 0 to 1). This does not change the shape because the point is on the line.
You can add the line on any of the 4 faces - as long as you are starting the circle at the same angle (look the the pictures I attached on the previous post).
points 1 and 2 are the starting and ending cut points (look at the cycle of cut manager).

Regards,
Rony
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);